We don’t know about you but we find something so empowering about listening to female musicians killing it in the industry, we’re always on the hunt for talented women to add to our Lady Loves Spotify playlist. So we thought wed share our newest loves with you all because it would be truly selfish not too.
1. At the top our list this week is lucy Mcwilliams; The 20 year old Dublin born, Berlin based songwriter and vocalist has only just this year released her first single ‘Fair Play’ a collaboration with Irish artist Malakai, shortly followed by her solo track ‘Runaway’. She’s only a newbie to the scene but her mellow acoustic sounds paired with funky percussions have really got us singing along and excited for whats to come. We’re keeping our eye (or ears) on this one.
2. Arlo Parks is the full package, at only 20 she is becoming known for her Smooooooth tracks, some of which are inspired by her own tender poetry writing, did we mention she is also a style queen?! While releasing her debut album just this year, Arlo has a bunch of achievements under her (very stylish) belt already, including playing on NPR Music’s Tiny Desk Session, BBC’s Live Lounge and the One to Watch AIM award, we fall more in love with this woman every week.
3. Working alongside names like Drake and Stormzy, Singer Songwriter Jorja Smith has gained a huge following and we know why. Jorja has not only won the Brit Critics' Choice Award, and 2019’s Best British Female Artist, she was also nominated for a grammy in 2019. Her Soulful vocals have us swooning over every single one of her tracks, if you don’t know.. now you know.
4. Elle Musa is the local lady making Summer tunes of our dreams. With titles like Mango Pops, cherry red and Apples for you, how could we not want to bop along to these easy listening tracks while sipping on Margi’s in the back yard.
5. Last but no where near least, our Aussie Legend Thelma Plum. Winning the Triple J National Indigenous Music Award early in her career Thelma has only gone up. With her tracks not only being extremely pleasant on the ears, her powerful lyrics and messages behind the tunes really make you stop and listen.