Over the last 11 years Aje has carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can.
Along with our incredible team, our brand has an intrinsic sense of duality, balancing toughness with femininity, untamed volume with structure and signature statement pieces alongside effortless essentials. These complementing differences are what has allowed Aje to move with the motions of the retail landscape to become one of Australia’s most influential fashion houses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accessories Designer (Fixed-Term Contract) to join Aje. Based at new Sydney Head Office and reporting directly to the General Manager of Design, this role will see you responsible for creating original designs across the entire Accessories line including Bags, Eyewear, Lifestyle, Ancillary Products, Shoes and Jewellery.
As a Accessories Designer, your tasks will include:
- Creation of spec sheets and technical CAD with design / construction / measurement instructions ensuring accurate understanding and translation of intended design
- Clear illustrations and Technical Specifications with design / construction / measurement instruction ensuring accurate understanding and translation of intended design
- Identify and help problem solve potential and foreseeable production and QC problems
- Ensure all product meets the quality / workmanship and fit standard of Aje whilst ensuring target prices are met
- Shipment sample approvals
- Maintaining all working documents and spec sheets
- Liaising with production team in sign off of Shipment samples and managing any production required of you
- Updating seasonal development map to be sure all information is correct and current so that the wider team and business can use this as a reference
- Keeping up to date research on trends, design and the marketplace, and tailoring your research into designs that adhere to the Aje brand vision
- Responsible for meeting critical path deadlines across all categories
- Liaising with suppliers and creating new relationships to ensure new products are created as requested
- Adhering to the option plan to ensure all quality standards and margins are achieved within all categories
You will bring:
- 3 years experience in a similar designer role
- A strong visual eye for modern design and level of attention to detail that aligns to the Aje creative universe
- Creative, enthusiastic and willing to learn/expand their knowledge and skills as a designer
- Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design, Textile Design or similar
- An understanding of textile and garment construction preferred
- Prior experience of liaising with factories and knowledge of the approval process
- Effective time management skills and experience working within timelines and meeting tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills that will be able to influence all team members and stakeholders no matter what position they hold
- Problem solving skills that generate practical insights and solutions when they may arise
- A strategic mindset and innovative that continuously identifies opportunities that align with our Aje goals and values
We recognise the impact our team has on our success. To show our appreciation we want you to enjoy..
- Enticing salary packaging
- Your growth is our growth, training and development programs are recommended and encouraged!
- Stepping away from the traditional, Aje HQ is a sunlit space within Surry Hills that influences creative and collaborative thoughts. The awe will never diminish when looking at the curved arches, textured walls and open roof.
- Take advantage of the Sydney Sun with our Summer Friday Hours
- Celebrate milestones such as, Birthdays with Aje leave benefits
- Be a part of the change with increasing positive corporate responsibility, reflected through our Aje Aware Charter
- Be adored and recognised as no key achievement and success goes unnoticed!
- We appreciate our hard working teams however, a healthy work life balance is one in which we actively promote
- Embrace the Aje style with our generous employee discounts, pre-order programs, clothing allowances and regular sample sales
At Aje, diversity is a founding principle of the brand, taking inspiration from multicultural Australia throughout all visual communications since inception. We are committed to developing a culture and environment that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion by promoting diversity in all forms and creating a safe environment for all employees, applicants and customers.